Abstract Submissions Now Closed
Business Ethics: new challenges, better theories, practical solutions
Submissions are now invited for the 9th Annual Australasian Business Ethics Network (ABEN) Conference, to be hosted by the School of Accounting, RMIT University, Melbourne.
The theme for this year’s conference is Business Ethics: new challenges, better theories, practical solutions. Contemporary society and businesses require trust built on ethical foundations to ensure good governance, transparency and efficient cooperation. Continuing revelations of unethical behaviour in different sectors discovered by a number of Royal Commissions in Australia shed a light on old and new challenges for business ethics academia and practice. Technological, geopolitical and social developments pose new issues for investigation. These changes require the development, reassessment and reconceptualization of ethics theories for organisations that provide better understanding and practical solutions. What are the roles of individuals, organisations, government, civil society, academia and professionals in building trust, transparency and ethical conduct? How can business ethics enable us to solve business problems?
We also welcome papers on broader business ethics topics, whether theoretical or empirical, including (but not limited to):
- Indigenous ethics and Indigenous philosophy
- Corporate social responsibility, sustainability, and irresponsibility
- Sustainable development goals
- Artificial intelligence, technology and ethics
- Managerial ethics
- Critical business ethics
- Business ethics education
- Ethics in human resource management
- Ethics of care (vs. ethics of justice)
- Leadership and ethics
- Marketing ethics
- Religiosity, spirituality, and ethnicity
- Accounting ethics
- Law and ethics
- Ethics in finance
- Ethics for complexity and complex adaptive systems
- Managing wicked ethical problems
- Emergence and evolution of ethics
- Ethics and trust
- Behavioural business ethics
- Global governance, organisations and ethics
If you wish to make a submission for presentation at the ABEN Conference, please submit a 500-word abstract by 30 September 2019. Full papers may also be submitted, to be peer reviewed if required by your funding institution.
Papers and abstracts can be submitted by email to Dr Andrew West at firstname.lastname@example.org.